Sydney Airport is upgrading the International Terminal.
The upgrade of the departures level is complete, providing passengers with a better travel experience.
The new passenger processing and security screening areas have opened and there are new shops, restaurants and waiting areas.
Key elements of the upgrade include:
Expansion of the departures level by 7,300 square metres
- Redevelopment of 30,000 square metres of the existing departures level
- New outbound border control and security screening area
- New food and beverage outlets
- A new outbound baggage handling system and early checked baggage storage system
- New arrivals level baggage reclaim carousels for increased A380 capacity
- More waiting areas and additional seating for passengers
- An additional 120 metres of moving walkways