Preliminary draft Major Development Plan
Sydney Airport has prepared and is publicly exhibiting the T2/T3 Ground Transport Access and Hotel preliminary draft Major Development Plan (the pdMDP).
Click here to download a copy of the pdMDP.
Click here for details about the consultation process and how to make a submission.
In summary, the proposed ground transport solutions addressed in the pdMDP are:
- development of a one-way road system within the T2/T3 precinct by:
- constructing a new road connecting Shiers Avenue to Qantas Drive (the extension of Seventh Avenue) through the current Southern Hangar Line adjacent to the Jet Base to link with a reconfigured intersection and a recommended change of direction for the south-western section of Robey Street to one-way northbound; and
- reconfiguration of Sir Reginald Ansett Drive to provide one-way entry southbound to the precinct from Joyce Drive, Qantas Drive and a recommended one-way southbound reconfiguration of O’Riordan Street south of the Robey Street intersection.
- development of a multi-level Ground Transport Interchange to the east of the Seventh Street extension that includes:
- a bus and coach facility at ground level that accommodates public buses, including the recently introduced double decker public buses;
- multi-modal parking and storage in the upper levels for approximately 5,500 vehicles;
- access to and exit from the new one-way road system and Ninth Street; and
- a quick turnaround (QTA) facility for rental cars.
- widening of Qantas Drive between Robey Street and O’Riordan Street to three lanes in both directions and associated turning lanes;
- other localised changes to the T2/T3 precinct roadway system; and
- development of a 4 to 5 star hotel of approximately 430 rooms on a site bounded by Seventh Street extension, Qantas Drive, Ninth Street and the northern side of the proposed Ground Transport Interchange.