• Sydney Airport donates $7,500 to Starlight Children’s Foundation Australia’s fundraising appeal
• Fundraising activities in airport’s T2 Domestic terminal
Sydney Airport will host a range of activities in its T2 Domestic terminal today to supportStarlight Children’s Foundation Australia’s annual Starlight Day fundraising appeal.
“We’re proud to support sick children and their families in our local community through Starlight Day,” Sydney Airport Chief Executive Officer, Kerrie Mather, said.
“Sydney Airport has donated $7,500 to help Starlight Children’s Foundation Australia reach their fundraising target.
“We encourage passengers, the airport community and the wider community to get involved and make a donation.”
Starlight Chief Executive Officer, Louise Baxter, welcomed the airport’s support.
“We’re delighted to partner with Sydney Airport this Starlight Day to raise much-needed funds to ensure our hospital programs deliver maximum impact to the children and the families we support,” Ms Baxter said.
“We are solely reliant on the generosity of donors, the community and corporate partners like Sydney Airport, and especially their generous customers, to help Starlight continue to brighten the hospitalisation experience for sick kids into the future.”
Activities across T2 include:
- Starlight Children’s Foundation volunteers selling Starlight merchandise and collecting donations from 6.30am to 6.30pm;
- Starlight donation boxes at gate lounges and participating retailers; and
- Pop-up booth at Virgin gates 34 and 35 providing information about Starlight Children’s Foundation Australia and their work.
Starlight Day is Starlight Children’s Foundation Australia’s largest annual fundraising event. The charity aims to raise $1.5 million through Starlight Day this year to support 40,000 seriously ill children and teenagers.
For more information visit www.sydneyairport.com.au
Manager, Media and Communications
(02) 9667 6477 or 0437 033 479