Sydney Airport is celebrating the joy of coffee this month, showcasing specialty coffee drinks and treats, and giving customers a chance to win a trip to the world’s coffee capital, Rome.
“We serve more than 63,000 cups of coffee a week – 44 per cent of which are served before 9am each day,” Sydney Airport General Manager Retail Glyn Williams said.
“Our 43 coffee retailers alone across T1 and T2 go through more than 75,000 kilos of coffee each year, so we’re confident that we are Australia’s busiest coffee precinct and we invite other retail destinations to challenge our claim.”
To celebrate being Australia’s busiest coffee hub, Sydney Airport has launched the Joy of Coffee campaign, offering customers a wide variety of activities and the chance to sample exclusive products available at T1 and T2 throughout August.
Customers can also enter to win a trip to Rome by uploading a photo of their perfect cup of coffee at Sydney Airport to the app on the airport’s Facebook page.
Joy of Coffee – What’s On
Exclusive specialty coffee drinks:
- Sparkling long black, perfectly extracted espresso poured over San Pellegrino sparkling water and ice (available at Danks Street Depot – T1 and Caviar House & Prunier – T1)
- Affogato, a scoop of vanilla gelato topped with a shot of hot espresso served with biscotti, (available at Quikshots – T2, MoVida – T2, Rossini – T1, Gelateria – T1 and Bar Coluzzi – T1)
- Coconut mocha, espresso with coconut syrup and white chocolate sprinkled with desiccated coconut (available at Toby’s Estate – T2)
- Chai-cino, an aromatic Chai infused cappuccino topped with cinnamon or chocolate (available at Viaggio – T1)
- Coffee milkshakes will be available at Trattoria Prego – T1
- Coopers Espresso Martini, created by Coopers Alehouse exclusively for the Joy of Coffee campaign
Retailer events and promotions:
- Krispy Kreme will offer $1 cups of coffee for travellers in both T1 and T2 from 12–18 August
- Santos will have a selection of coffee blends available for sampling at its pop-up coffee cart at T1 until 29 August
- Hudsons celebrates its first birthday at the T2 Domestic terminal at Sydney Airport on 18 August and will mark the occasion by serving its 100,000th coffee and hosting tastings where customers can learn about the origins and tasting notes of its trademark blend.
“At Sydney Airport, we take pride in our ability to provide the best service and great value, high-quality products to our visitors and we’re certain there’s a place for all our customers to find their perfect cup of coffee every time they visit us,” Mr Williams said.
For more information about the Joy of Coffee campaign please visit http://sydneyairport.com.au/.
To join the conversation, use #JoyofCoffee or #SydneyAirport on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/SydneyAirportOfficial) and Twitter (https://twitter.com/SydneyAirport).
DEC Public Relations on behalf of Sydney Airport
Brittany Connor or Anna Frilingos
(02) 8014 5033 or firstname.lastname@example.org