Sydney Airport has commenced the next stage of improvements at the T1 International terminal to enhance the airport experience for passengers, visitors and staff.
The T1 improvements program is delivering a better terminal experience, with more direct paths, clearer sightlines, improved wayfinding and more seating closer to gates. The terminal will be bigger and brighter, and feature new, contemporary retail and dining precincts enhancing value and choice.
The next stage of the improvements includes:
- Redeveloping gate lounges to streamline boarding processes and provide more comfortable areas for passengers to relax while waiting to board;
- Making improvements to the emigration and security entrance; and
- The introduction of new navigation signage throughout T1, which will allow passengers to more easily find their way to gates and airport services.
New additions to T1 that have been announced include The Marketplace, a new retail and dining precinct within T1 Departures that will showcase a selection of street food-style fare for passengers to enjoy while taking in expansive views of the airfield and city skyline.
New floor to ceiling glass windows and a raised glass roof will be installed, flooding the area with natural light, while a lounge style seating area will provide an ambient and comfortable space for passengers to relax close to gates while waiting to board.
Complementing The Marketplace will be the City View precinct, a premium dining hub set to open in late 2016, which will boast a number of new and exciting dining experiences by top chefs from Australia and abroad. They include The Bistro by Wolfgang Puck, Benny Burger by Shannon Bennett and Kitchen by Mike, all of which are unique to Sydney Airport.
Designer fashion brands have also opened and been announced for the airport, including Tiffany & Co. TUMI, Michael Kors, Kate Spade New York, Hugo Boss, Max Mara, Fendi, Salvatore Ferragamo, Bally, Ermenegildo Zegna, Furla and Jimmy Choo. Further brands will be unveiled throughout 2016.
A number of significant improvements to T1 have already been delivered, including:
- Improved terminal presentation;
- Upgrades to emigration and security;
- A compelling mix of new retail and food and beverage brands;
- The installation of 25 SmartGates in T1 Departures in late 2015, an Australian airport first, providing automated outbound border processing for passengers who are now enjoying an easier and quicker journey through emigration;
- The casual dining precinct in the T1 check-in hall now showcases an expanded range of healthy and tasty food outlets such as Roll’d, Mach2, Hokka Hokka, Soul Origin, Oliver Brown, Nando’s and Grand Cru, providing more dining options for passengers and catering to all budgets and tastes; and
- HEINEMANN, Sydney Airport’s duty free partner, has also introduced over 400 new brands to T1 covering perfumes, cosmetics, fashion, accessories and liquor, as well as custom-built dining concepts Coast Café and Bridge Bar which showcase contemporary design and gourmet menus specially developed by renowned Australian chef Luke Mangan.
Throughout the works, Sydney Airport will work with our stakeholders to keep passengers informed and minimise inconvenience.
For all enquiries about the T1 improvements program at Sydney Airport, please email us at email@example.com