Sydney Airport has commenced the next stage of improvements to the T2 Departures casual dining precinct in an exciting transformation designed to enhance the airport experience for passengers, visitors and staff.
The second stage of works will deliver new and exciting food brands, a flexible casual dining layout with more seating, clearer sightlines and more natural light with enhanced views of the airfield.
The next stage of the improvements includes:
- Redesigning the casual seating area to increase capacity with upgraded flooring, columns, ceiling finishes, and contemporary furniture with textural finishes;
- The introduction of new navigation signage and updated flight information display screens (FIDS) which will allow passengers to find their way to gates and airport services more easily;
- Increasing value and choice by delivering six new food kiosks catering to all budgets and tastes; and
- Improving amenities and connectivity by providing smart device charging stations at communal tables.
The upgraded seating area, featuring new, contemporary furniture with soft wood textures and smart device charging stations, will provide a lounge-like feel where passengers can relax while enjoying a meal, as well as take advantage of Sydney Airport’s free Wi-Fi before boarding their flight
Six new food and beverage kiosks will be positioned throughout the new casual dining precinct including:
- Australian first YO! Sushi;
- Australian first Joe & The Juice;
- Krispy Kreme;
- Soul Origin;
- Mrs Fields; and
- Another major food outlet, to be announced in coming months.
This second stage of works will complement the recently revitalised food and beverage offering at the T2 casual dining precinct, with new food brands now open including:
- Chur Burger;
- Mad Mex;
- SumoSalad Green Label;
- Hokka Hokka;
- Red Rooster; and
- Sahara Grill.
Stage two of the T2 casual dining precinct works is due for completion by the end of 2016.
Sydney Airport will work with our stakeholders to keep passengers informed and minimise inconvenience throughout the works.
For all enquiries about the T2 improvements program at Sydney Airport, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org