Sydney Airport supports local schools in our community by providing funds for school based environmental and educational initiatives that offer a direct benefit to students, teachers and the school community. We have donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to school and community projects over the past 12 years.
In 2014, Sydney Airport provided $60,000 to 13 local schools:
- Bardwell Park Infants School - $5,000 to develop an edible garden and library wall mural
- Bexley Public School - $5,000 to replace and upgrade outdoor waste management system and signage
- Bexley North Public School - $5,000 to install a green play space and rainwater tank
- Brighton-Le-Sands Public School - $4,600 to create an Indigenous garden
- Cronulla South Public School - $3,000 to expand its vegetable garden
- Hurstville Public School - $5,000 to develop an interactive outdoor learning area for students with disabilities
- John Brotchie Nursery School - $5,000 for an interactive media wall and mosaic
- Oatley Public School - $2,000 to establish an irrigation system
- Rozelle Public School - $5,000 to install a friendship seat to combat bullying
- St Bernard’s Catholic Primary School - $5,000 to upgrade the outdoor learning area and garden beds
- St Francis Xavier’s Catholic Primary School - $5,000 to launch a school garden club
- St Peters Public School - $5,000 for a bush tucker garden focusing on Indigenous culture
- Tempe Public School - $5,000 for a new green canteen project
Sydney Airport also sponsors a scholarship program for students at Western Sydney University. Two $7,500 scholarships will be awarded to students studying tourism management each year over three years, beginning in 2015.
Sydney Airport is pleased to support students in Western Sydney and invest in future tourism leaders as part of our commitment to growing tourism for the benefit of Sydney and New South Wales.