Sydney Airport’s ground transport network is made up of a range of different transportation modes and our goal is to get you on your way quickly and safely. We encourage you to use the mode of transportation that suits your needs best, whether that be travelling in your own car, hopping on the train or grabbing a taxi or rideshare - the choice is yours.
It can get busy in and around the airport, especially during school holidays when a lot of people are jetting off at the same time. As part of this, we’re continuously assessing and updating our plans to implement further measures to ease congestion within the precinct and improve access to the airport.
And while we’ve invested significantly to enhance our ground transport network, we understand there is more to do and will continue to invest in projects that help to deliver a more seamless experience at Sydney Airport.
Here’s a few things we have in the pipeline:
- Improved precinct signage to make it easier to get into and around the airport
- Review of Blu Emu bus path to improve circulation
- Reorientation of Domestic Priority Pick-Up zone to enhance the experience and reduce congestion
- Review of taxi ranks at the Domestic terminal to assist with faster access
- Redesign of taxi rank at International terminal to improve access
- Introduction of parking guidance system at Departures for all terminals to assist vehicles in identifying available drop off spaces
- Improvement to roadways within T1 International terminal for easier and safer paths of access
- A refresh of valet parking areas to improve the experience for customers
- Introduction of licence plate recognition to stop traffic congestion and recirculation