Sydney Airport Car Parking
Terms and Conditions for Online Reservations
Sydney Airport Corporation Limited (“us” or “we”) offer a variety of car parking options at the airport, for your convenience. You can:
- can make an online reservation to ‘self-park’ or use valet parking via our website at www.SydneyAirport.com.au, which is governed by these terms and conditions;
- can ‘drive-up’ on the day to either ‘self-park’ or use valet parking
In most cases, an online reservation for either ‘self-park’ or valet parking will be cheaper than the equivalent ‘drive-up’ rates, but will offer less flexibility. Alternatively, our prices for unreserved ‘drive-up’ self-parking and valet are often slightly higher, but provide you with more flexibility should your plans change.
In all cases, it is your responsibility to select the option that is right for you.
SUMMARY OF KEY PROVISIONS
While not a substitute for reading and understanding the entirety of these terms and conditions in full, we wish to bring the following key provisions to your attention:
- if you do not bring your booking confirmation email (with QR barcode), or the credit card you used to pay for your booking, or have difficulty in identifying your booking at the entry gate, please do not press the button for a ticket, instead please press the HELP button for assistance from our Customer Service team; and
- you may only amend your online reservation up to six hours before its commencement;
- you must cancel your online reservation no later than 24 hours before its commencement if you wish to receive a refund;
- in addition to these terms and conditions you agree to our Contractual Terms and Conditions of Entry (which are displayed at the entrance to all of our car parks)
MAKING AN ONLINE RESERVATION
- Our online booking system is a self-service reservation system. It allows you to check parking prices for your selected dates and times at our various car parks. You can use our self-service reservation system to generate an online quote. It is your responsibility to check, confirm and manage your proposed times and dates.
- Online reservations for parking can only be obtained via the booking engine at prebook.sydneyairport.com.au. We are not obliged to honour any reservations (or attempted reservations) you make anywhere else.
Like many online reservation systems you may have used, the initial online quote provided reflects the dates and times you have requested and is subject to change without notice. Your reservation is only finalised (and the price confirmed) once you have completed the reservation process and your payment has been processed. You will then receive a unique booking reference number on your screen that you should make note of.
- You will also receive a booking reference email (with barcode) via the email address you provided. It is your responsibility to provide us with the correct email address and to ensure that the relevant email account is functioning. Please contact us via the contact details below if you have not received a booking reference email within a reasonable period after completing your reservation.
- If selected during the reservation process, an additional confirmation message (that does not contain your unique booking reference number or barcode and cannot be used to gain entry to our car park) will also be sent via an SMS message to the mobile phone number you provided. It is, again, your responsibility to ensure that you provide us with the correct mobile phone number.
CHANGES TO AN ONLINE RESERVATION
- We provide you with access to our online booking engine for your convenience. In exchange for the discounted price we charge you, the nature of the reservation you make with us is fixed. If you require more flexibility on the day you attend our car park, the ‘drive-up’ option (and rates) may be more suitable.
- You may amend your online reservation at any time up until six hours prior to the start of your reservation. After this time, no further changes are possible.
- For example, if you make an online ‘self-parking’ reservation, it is not then possible to make changes to this reservation or to make ‘upgrades’ on arrival at our car park (for example, to include valet parking). Similarly, you cannot make an online reservation for valet parking and then elect to ‘self-park’ on the day.
- All online reservations are personal to you and are non-transferable. However, we recognise that many people (for example, families) own more than one car. Therefore, you do not need to notify us of changes to the registration plate you gave us at the time of reservation, provided that the arrival date and exit date remains the same.
NATURE OF AN ONLINE RESERVATION
- All online reservations are valid for one entry and one exit only. That is, multiple entries are not permitted.
- Any reservation you make is valid only for the times, dates, car park and airport specified in that reservation and cannot be amended other than as set out above.
- In particular, no changes are possible once you have actually entered our car park. This includes ‘extending’ your reservation via our website or creating a ‘new’ reservation. This is only possible where you are able to physically exit your vehicle from our car park before re-entering using your new reservation.
- When attending our car park, you must bring with you a copy of the booking reference email (with barcode), along with the credit card you used (if applicable) to make payment. In order to gain entry in accordance with your online reservation, you will need to follow the instructions to enter the car park and scan the barcode located on your booking reference email.
- If you fail to bring your booking reference email and the credit card (if applicable) you used to make payment, you will be unable to gain entry in accordance with your online reservation. If you still wish to park with us, you will instead need to enter in accordance with our standard (non-discounted) ‘drive-up’ rates, which are clearly displayed prior to you entering our car park.
- If you are issued with a car parking ticket on entry to our car park, please retain this in a safe place as you will require it to exit the car park. There may be additional charges if you lose this ticket.
- We will use reasonable endeavours to honour your online reservation at the location and time of your selection. However, we do not represent or warrant that the car park you selected (or any of our car parks) will be available at the time of your selection, or at all.
- If, on attendance at your selected car park, a space is not available at your selected time, we will use reasonable endeavours to:
- in the first instance, allocate you a space in one of our other car parks; and
- if this is not possible, make alternative arrangements at no additional cost to you.
PAYMENT AND ADDITIONAL FEES
- All prices shown when making an online reservation are in Australian dollars and include GST.
- Provided that you comply with these terms and conditions and the Contractual Terms and Conditions of Entry, the price you are shown prior to finalising your reservation is inclusive of all applicable fees, including parking fees, booking fees and credit card fees.
- If your actual entry and exit time are shorter than your reserved times (i.e. a portion of your reservation remains ‘unused’), no refund will be payable by us.
- It is extremely important that you take responsibility for accurately calculating and inputting your required entry and exit times. If your actual entry and exit time is longer than your reserved time (or otherwise runs into a period outside of your specified reservation), you will be liable to us for additional fees. Such additional fees will be calculated by reference to our standard (non-discounted) ‘drive-up’ rates for each day (or part thereof) outside of your reserved time.
- Such additional fees are payable regardless of the reason for your delay in returning to your vehicle and are payable before you leave the car park. Our standard (non-discounted) ‘drive-up’ rates are clearly displayed prior to you entering our car park.
- We may also charge you additional fees where you park across more than one bay, including where you do so because your vehicle is too large to park in a single bay. In such circumstances, the additional fees will be equal to the cost of the second bay, charged by reference to our normal (non-discounted) ‘drive-up’ rates
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
- You may only cancel an online reservation in one of these two ways:
- by logging into your online account and successfully cancelling your online reservation; or
- by notifying us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org along with the following details:
- your full name;
- your contact number;
- your booking reference number;
- your booking period; and
- an explanation of why you could not log in to your online account to cancel your online reservation.
- You will only be entitled to a refund of your online reservation where:
- you effectively cancel an online reservation (in accordance with these terms and conditions) no later than 24 hours prior to its commencement; or
- on your attendance at our car park, we are unable to accommodate your vehicle in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- For the avoidance of doubt, among other things, you are not entitled to a refund where:
- you cancel your online reservation less than 24 hours prior to its commencement;
- you are unable to enter our car park, because your vehicle does not comply with our height and weight restrictions (available at www.sydneyairport.com.au/go/car-parking.aspx);
- you park in a different car park (or area of a car park) from that displayed on your online reservation; or
- you do not attend the airport on the day or at the time of the online reservation (for whatever reason).
- If we grant you a refund, we will credit this electronically to the bank account nominated by you for that purpose.
- The decision to grant or not grant a refund is at our sole discretion.
- If you made an online reservation through a third party (rather than directly through us), you should contact that third party (e.g. a reseller) in the first instance.
- If you wish to dispute any charge levied against you under this agreement please notifying us by email at email@example.com along with the following details:
- your full name;
- your contact number;
- your booking reference number;
- a scanned copy of your car park receipt (if any);
- an indication of the form of payment you used when making your online reservation; and
- where this was a credit card, the first six and last three digits only.
- We will assess your dispute notice and will contact you with our determination. The assessment and settlement of such disputes is at our sole discretion.
- Where we reasonably deem your dispute to be without merit, we reserve the right to charge you a $28 administration charge as a contribution towards the cost of processing the dispute claim made by you.
- From time to time, we may directly (or via our third party partners and resellers) offer short-term, promotional online special offers in respect of our car parks.
- Such promotions will be governed by the terms and conditions of that promotion, which will apply in addition to these terms and conditions. Unless stated otherwise at that time, any such promotions:
- cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers or promotions;
- apply only to online reservations made in accordance with these terms and conditions;
- are strictly limited to the allocated number of places; and
- expire once those allocated spaces are exhausted.
YOUR CONDUCT AT OUR CAR PARKS
- At all times while you are on our premises, you must drive carefully and responsibly. You must obey all speed limits indicated and otherwise comply with all relevant road rules.
- You may only park within designated parking bays. If you park in any other areas, we reserve the right to take appropriate steps, including moving your vehicle to an appropriate location.
- We, our agents or our representatives may enter, move or tow away your vehicle for operational, safety or security reasons.
- Where we take any of these steps because of your breach of this agreement or any applicable law, you will be liable to us for any costs we incur in doing so.
- You should allow sufficient time on arrival to find a parking space. At peak times, our car parks as well as the roads around the airport may be particularly busy. We do not accept responsibility if you miss your flight or your airline check-in has closed because you have not left enough time.
SECURITY OF YOUR VEHICLE AND LIABILITY
- The CCTV cameras installed in and around the parking precincts or structures are part of our general security and safety measures. They are not for the purpose of monitoring vehicles.
- While we will take all due care, to the maximum extent permitted by law we disclaim all liability to you under or in respect of the subject matter of this contract (including damage to or destruction of your vehicle), whether arising under contract, statute, tort (including negligence), or otherwise.
- In particular, we are not responsible for any valuables left unattended in your vehicle.
- If, despite above disclaimer, we are nevertheless liable to you then:
- to the extent that liability arises under the Australian Consumer Law or the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), then our liability is limited to the maximum extent permitted to the resupplying of the relevant goods and services;
- in all other cases, our liability (whether under contract, statute, tort (including negligence) or otherwise) is limited to the maximum extent permitted to the fees actually paid by you to us in connection with the circumstances in which such liability arose (e.g. the specific online reservation in question); and
- in any event, neither of us will be liable to the other for any incidental, indirect, punitive or consequential damages.
- In order for our online booking system to function appropriately, it is necessary for you to provide us with limited amounts of personal information.
- At the time of collection, we will also take reasonable steps to notify you that we are collecting your personal information.
- As is now common in many areas frequented by members of the public, our car parks and associated areas are monitored by CCTV. Your attendance at our premises constitutes your agreement to this.
- We will not be in breach of these terms and conditions (or otherwise liable to you or any other person) for any matter or delay beyond our reasonable control.
- Regardless of where you may be when you make an online reservation, the laws of New South Wales apply to these terms and conditions and the courts based there shall have jurisdiction. You waive any right to claim that such courts represent an inconvenient forum.
- These terms and conditions (and any documents referred to within these terms and conditions) are the whole agreement between us and will, to the extent permitted by law, supersede or extinguish any other agreements, undertakings, representations or warranties relating to its subject matter.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions is held to be illegal, void, invalid or unenforceable at law, the legality, validity and enforceability of the remainder of these terms and conditions is not affected.