Sydney Airport is responsible for the operations of the T1 International, T2 and T3 Domestic terminals.
We have a close, daily working relationship with Sydney’s key media and make every effort to assist you in obtaining news footage.
We've got more than 33,000 staff working at the airport and approximately 150,000 people moving through each day - some are not too comfortable with being filmed, even if they are in the background. This is an issue at check-in counters and security screening points where staff and passengers cannot move out of shot.
Given these concerns, please note the following guidelines when filming at the airport:
- News crews and events tend to attract crowds, therefore for operational reasons, we require prior notice of any camera crew accessing airport facilities. While we understand that breaking news does not always allow for advanced warning, we still require as much notice as possible. Feel welcome to text the Sydney Airport media phone on 0437 033 479 or send an email to email@example.com
- Requests to film check-in counters, branding and interview staff or passengers should be made in the first instance to the relevant airline. If the airline's consent is not obtained, permission from Sydney Airport to film will not be granted
- News crews are not allowed to film security staff or people dealing with security equipment
General information regarding flight delays and cancellations due to weather and other events can be found on our website.
Contact Sydney Airport media
Phone: 0437 033 479
Sydney Airport has dedicated media parking area with limited spaces on the Departures Road at T1 International and T2 Domestic terminal.
Please note these spaces are not to be used for overnight parking and should not be used to drop-off or collect passengers.
In order to park in these locations, you must display your media credentials or ensure that the vehicle is clearly marked with your media outlet (either on the exterior or the dashboard).
- View or download the T1 International Media Parking map here
- View or download the T2/T3 Domestic Media Parking map here
As you come up the ramp on Departures Road, the area is located on the right-hand side closest to the temrinal and is marked with 'M' for media parking.
On Departures Road, the area is located at the eastern end of the Domestic precinct and is marked with 'M' for media parking.