Getting to and from the airport should be easy – no matter what mode of transport you choose. We’re improving the road network in the airport precinct to smooth traffic flows and ease congestion.
Are you travelling to the airport in June? You may need to be aware of some essential T1 International parking information.
Improving our road network
We’ve recently completed a range of road improvements at our T1 International precinct. Since 2013, we’ve:
- widened public drop off lanes and created a separate drop off zone for buses
- created a new road entry and exit for the T1 International precinct
- created a new Centre Road to improve traffic conditions in and around the precinct
- relocated entry and exit gates to reduce traffic queuing
- widened roads to increase road capacity
Making parking easier
We’ve made improvements to our P7 and P9 car parks to make them easier to access. We’ve also introduced a purpose-built Express pick-up zone, providing free parking for 15 minutes if you’re picking up passengers. This is a fast and convenient way to greet your traveller, who can wait in the covered area alongside the zone if you’re running a little late. If you’re picking someone up from the Express zone, please make sure you stay with your car at all times.