Healthy communities that are connected, vibrant and thriving are good for Sydney and NSW. So we're focused on working with our local communities to help build a sustainable future. We have a long history of supporting our local community by partnering with a range of events, clubs, organisations and programs, particularly those which focus on promoting a healthy lifestyle and the environment.
Working with councils
We work with local Councils on initiatives that promote a healthy lifestyle for the benefit of local residents around the airport.
Our partnership with the Inner West Council supports delivery of Marrickville Souths Fitness and Breakfast Club enabling healthy meals, transport and fitness activities to be provided to vulnerable and disadvantaged youth.
Our work with Sutherland Shire and Bayside councils also supports free fitness camps run through Live Life Get Active. The camps in Miranda and Rockdale provide residents with a free and fun way to get moving and stay healthy.
We also partner with Bayside Council on the Bayside Arts Festival supporting local community artists.
Conservation Volunteers Australia
We're focused on promoting sustainability in our local environment. Complementing our five year environment strategy, we support Conservation Volunteers Australia to fund six volunteer days a year for the community to help rehabilitate bushland and coastal areas in our local Kamay Botany Bay National Park. We are also funding a two year project to rehabilitate sand dunes and protect our local Congwong Beach.
Local sporting clubs
Local clubs play an important role in the community by teaching children valuable life skills such as leadership and teamwork, as well as supporting the community to lead healthy lifestyles. We’re proud to support young people in our community, and the valuable social networks that sport provides the entire community.
- Surf Life Saving Sydney Branch: Our longest partnership, Sydney Airport has been a major sponsor of the Surf Life Saving Sydney Branch since 2001 providing support to the clubs, members, families and juniors across 15 beaches from North Bondi to Burning Palms in the Royal National Park. Skills building, training and development are integral parts of the learning process for junior life savers and Sydney Airport is honoured to provide critical funding to continue their education and help keep our beaches safe.
- Comets Baseball Club: We're proud to support the Comet Baseball Club, based in the Sutherland Shire.
- Marrickville Cricket Club: Marrickville Cricket Club fields more than 220 players each season aged from under eight years to under 16. Our partnership supports the development of the club's players across the Marrickville and Canterbury local government areas.
- Marrickville Football Club: We provide ongoing support to Marrickville Football Club, and its 80 teams, 1,100 players and 150 coaches.
- Newtown Junior Jets: The Newtown Junior Jets is an inner west institution and part of the South Sydney Juniors District Rugby League Competition. For almost a decade, we've proudly supported the club and helped promote the skills building of junior rugby league players in a safe and friendly environment.
- Randwick Petersham Cricket Club: We're proud to support the Randwick Petersham Cricket Club, which has a strong history in Sydney’s eastern and inner western suburbs.
- Rockdale City Raiders: Rockdale City Raiders has a long tradition as a family football club with a focus on the development of children. We came on board as a sponsor of the club in 2014.
- St George District Cricket Club: St George District Cricket Club was founded in 1911 and is an important part of the St George community. Our partnership with the club began in 2013.
- St George Randwick Hockey Club: St George Randwick Hockey Club caters for all levels, from beginner to advanced men’s and women’s hockey players.
- Sutherland Shire Netball Association: We're a major sponsor of the Sutherland Shire Netball Association, helping train players, umpires and coaches across 27 clubs in the Sutherland Shire.
Local festivals and events
Local festivals provide an opportunity for people to come together and enjoy what their communities have to offer. We've been involved in a range of events in the Sydney area to help celebrate our city.
Our support for the Sydney Fringe Festival provides interactive cultural activities for local families in the inner west of Sydney. The festival is the largest independent arts festival in NSW.
We've proudly supported Newtown Festival since 2013. The festival is the principal fundraiser for the Newtown Neighbourhood Centre and a flagship local event, encapsulating the spirit of one of Sydney’s most vibrant and creative communities.
We're a Bronze Sponsor of the IMB Cook Community Classic, a major community event held each year in the Sutherland Shire to raise money for local charities. The event features entertainment, an open water swim and a beach soccer competition.
We're proud to support the Festival of Kurnell, which brings family and friends together to celebrate the birthplace of modern Australia, where Captain James Cook first landed.
Sydney Airport and Rotary Australia have forged a strong relationship through various fundraising initiatives at the airport. Botany, Marrickville and Rockdale Rotary clubs collect donations from 15 collection bins across our terminals to directly fund local and international community organisations and causes. Rotary is also a strong supporter of our annual Sydney Airport Community Christmas Giving Appeal.